Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Day before surgery
- Eat a light, easily digestible meal the night before the operation
- Do not drink any alcoholic beverages the night before the operation
- Refrain from smoking for at least one day prior to surgery
- Contact our office immediately if you have experienced any respiratory symptoms or illnesses in the last few weeks
Morning of surgery
- Do not have anything to eat or drink after midnight the night before your surgery appointment, no water, no liquids, no food of any kind.
- EXCEPTION FOR WATER: Please take any medications ordered by your physician unless our office requests otherwise. Take with just enough water to swallow the medications, nothing more.
- Arrange for a responsible relative or friend to drive you home after the operation. Uber or other ride shares are not permitted. Someone should be with you for a minimum of three hours postoperatively.
- If you wear contact lenses, please wear eyeglasses to surgery.
- Please wear comfortable, short-sleeved clothing.
- Patients under 18 years of age must have written consent for the operation from a parent or guardian.